This edition features:
- European Commission Guidance on Data Protection
- On 24 January the European Commission published guidance on the changes to the rules on data protection due to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which becomes applicable across the EU on 25 May 2018.
- Regulation on E-Privacy
- The Regulation concerning the respect for private life and the protection of personal data in electronic communications, or e-Privacy Regulation (ePR) was originally intended to come into force simultaneously with the GDPR.
- EU Proposal on VAT Rates
- On 18 January the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products.
- Overcoming the Split Incentive Barrier in the Building Sector
- The problem of split incentives (often referred to in the past as the landlord/tenant dilemma) between building owners and tenants has long been recognised as a barrier to the completion of energy efficient renovation in the building sector.
Click on the link below for full details